Friday, July 18, 2014

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge, Week 6

This was SUCH a hard project for me!!  I'd never worked with burlap except in a ribbon or a printed die cut that I just adhered as is.  Coloring it was a new animal, and I'm so not entirely happy with it.

The COC3 Challenge this week is Altered Burlap Panels using Tim's products.  If you don't have a copy of A Compendium of Curiosities Vol. 3, you can get one here.  COC3 is being sponsored this fortnight by the fabulous Funkie Junkie Boutique.  One lucky winner will get a $25 gift certificate to their store.


I had SUCH struggles with this panel!  First of all, the color.  I wanted a purple and red background, but as it dried, the red took over.  The more purple I added, it just made the red darker.  Oh well.  You also can't see the collaged music background, ink took it over.


The inspiration for this, like 99% of my art, was music.  I almost put a few lyrics from "Brave" on here, but I decided to just let the statement speak for itself.  The bow and bag of arrows on the dressform signify strength.

And a tiny bit the Green Arrow.  I looooove watching Arrow.

I'm entering some challenges of course:
Thanks so much for looking and happy crafting.  Laters!

1 comment:

  1. Way cool! The dressform with the bow and arrow is FUN!!! Love the words and hashtag and dangles! Thanks so much for playing along on our burlap canvas challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete