The front of the box. I didn't follow the usual instructions for the box card, I made it larger and I also didn't care about it folding flat to fit into an envelope so my embellishments are thicker on the sides that usual and I used super-stiff cardstock for durability.
Custom-made ribbon I bought :)
Here you can really see that the fairies kind of look "in motion". I used acrylic for that purpose. I wanted the swishy movement of Flora, Fauna and Merryweather flitting around Aurora, protecting her from Maleficent's spell.
Here you can see the flourishes I painted and glittered on either side of the box. I thought the green looked like the dragon Maleficent comes.
One last closeup. I'm so in love with this project :)
I want to enter a few challenges, which I don't usually do with personal projects but my mom urged me to with this one and it IS her box, so....
- DLArt Linky Party
- Just Be Creative Crazy Linky Party
- Just Keep On Creating Linky Party
- Artistic Inspiration - #91 No Designer Paper/Anything Goes
- Challenges 4 Everybody - #41 Anything Goes 2/3
- Just For Fun - Use Ribbon or Lace 1/3
- Loves Rubber Stamps - #103 Girly, Glittery and Glam
- Ladybug Challenge - Anything Goes 1/1
- Simon Says Stamp Monday - M (M for Mother!) 1/5
- Sparkle N Sprinkle Challenge - Anything Goes/Use Glitter
- Scrapbook Stamp Society - #41 Anything Goes 1/3
- Just Inspirational Challenge - Anything Goes 1/3
- The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge - #10 Anything Goes 1/2
- Digi Chooseday - #19 Embellish It 1/2
- Open Minded Challenges - #10 Use Some Ribbon 1/3
- Crafting Musketeers - Anything But Square 1/1
- My Craft Creations - Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes 2/2
- Feeling Crafty - #28 One For The Girls/Ladies 1/3
- Lia Stampz - #65 Texture (I used Embossing on the sides of the box) 1/1
- One Crazy Stamper - Anything Goes and An Embellishment 2/5
- Scrap It Girl - Mothers/Mother Nature 1/2
- Sparkles Forum Challenge - Celebrate Mom or Special Lady 1/3
- A Creative Need - Mother's Day 1/3
- Art By Miran - #6 Anything Goes 1/3
- Pattie's Creations - #92 No, No, No Cards 1/2
- Simply Create Too - #61 Anything But A Card 1/3
- Di's Digi Designs - Use Those Markers 1/3
- Hiding In My Craft Room - #149 Use Embossing 1/3
- Speedy Fox & Friends - #212 No Designer Paper
- Treasured Times Rubber Stamps - #18 Anything Goes 1/3
- Scrappers Delight - #22 Anything Goes 1/2
- Rhedd and Rosies - #32 Texture 1/3
- Penny's Challenge - #177 Anything Goes 1/3
- Paper Pretties - #14 Embellish!
- Hobbybrook - Mom or Special Lady 1/3
- Fairies Challenge - #26 Mother's Day 1/3
- Divas By Design - Anything But A Card 1/2
- Milk Coffee Challenges - Mother's Day/Special Lady 1/3
- Crafty Ribbons - #89 Anything Goes With Ribbon 1/5
- Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes
Thank you so much for looking and happy crafting! Laters!