Friday, January 31, 2014

Love To Create Challenge Blog Design Team Call

Happy Friday.  It's FINALLY the weekend!  I'm going to be snowed in and spending it in my craft room, YAY!  Today I've got a Valentine's Day card to share with you, but it can also be used as a romantic card any time of the year.  I created this card special for the Design Team Call at Love To Create Challenge Blog.  Love To Create is a favorite of mine, and when I saw this call, I knew I had to apply.

This is the inspiration photo for the call.  I love the range of colors, and yes, I want to eat the cookies. :)


The call required a card with a fancy fold and the colors above.  I knew instantly that I wanted to make a twisted easel card 'cause I'd never created one before.


This is how the card looks closed, before you open it. It's very dimensional and would have to go in a box and not an envelope.


And here it is open.  Ta da!  The easel stays put 'cause the little sentiment tag holds it in place.


Close up of the inside.  I made the flowers myself with hand-painted paper.  I like to be creative and make my own embellishments rather than buy them.


And a close up of the bow, stick pin and flowers on the card front.

I've had a blast making this card.  I hope everyone over at Love To Create likes it, too.  I want to thank them for this amazing opportunity!

1 comment: